Cross-Atlantic Data Transfer Challenges
dinsdag 9 november 2021
OrganisatorEuropean American Chamber of Commerce Netherlands
Evenement dataVan 9 november 2021 17:00 Tot 9 november 2021 18:00
We have invited the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) and Microsoft to explore and explain the Court’s “Schrems II” decision in 2020.
In addition, we'll discuss the revised Standard Contractual Clauses and the European Data Protection Board’s final recommendations on additional measures in order to lawfully conduct business across the Atlantic.
This reaches almost every company that touches EU residents´ personal data. Among the topics for discussion are:
- Actions companies can take;
- Role of the regulators;
- Consequences for continuing to transfer EU personal data to the US;
- Practicalities of holding private enterprise responsible for government actions;
- Whether storing data only in the EU solves the issues raised in the Schrems II decision;
- Whether data localization is practical in a technological world eager to conduct trade.
This program is organized for business leaders, General Counsels and Inhouse legal teams of international businesses.