Crypto Assets - Beyond the Gold Rush
woensdag 12 mei 2021Citic Tower Tim Mei Avenue 1
OrganisatorDutch Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
Evenement dataVan 12 mei 2021 18:00 Tot 12 mei 2021 18:30
Join the DutchChamHK Finance Committee for a Crypto Asset Panel Discussion with leading Industry Experts. An overview of key trends, development, challenges and key players in the crypto asset ecosystem will be provided.
Despite a recent correction, crypto currencies are rallying near all time highs. Apart from currencies, it seems that everything is being tokenized on Blockchain from paintings, diamonds and company stocks to real estate and even NBA player contracts.
In this event our speakers will:
- Discuss the case for crypto assets.
- Elaborate on key challenges and considerations to address for crypto assets to achieve its true potential (e.g. anti-money laundering, technological, volatility, legal tender).
- Describe the regulatory landscape.
- Provide views on whether digital assets are a new asset class, the risk/return profile, and how returns compare within the digital asset space.
- Discuss key trends & developments that shape the future of crypto assets in Asia.
- Scott Thiel - Partner DLA Piper
- Joel Coverdale - Risk Consultant / Entrepreneur of Eight Isle Limited
Mr. Lapman Lee, Professor of Practice in FinTech & Innovation at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, will be your moderator.
You are welcome to raise your questions as well during this breakfast event.