EuroCham / MDBC: Briefing on TalentCorp Initiatives
dinsdag 22 maart 2022
OrganisatorMalaysian Dutch Business Council
Evenement dataVan 22 maart 2022 08:00 Tot 22 maart 2022 10:00
MDBC member TalentCorp is a government agency that attracts, nurtures, and retains the best and the right talent to enable Malaysia to reach its economic aspirations. They shape, influence, and align policies, and develop demand – driven initiatives – such as the Critical Occupations List – that serve as the cornerstones for Malaysia’s talent policies.
Join us Tuesday, 22 March 2022 for a briefing by TalentCorp Group. It will consist of three (3) aspects of TalentCorp and will be presented by three (3) main representatives.
- Overview of TalentCorp: Thomas Mathew (Group Chief Executive Officer)
- TalentCorp’s Initiatives: Nazrul Aziz (Vice President – Graduate, Diaspora and Industry Partnership)
- MYXpats and Resident Pass Talent (RP – T): Sabihah Ahamad (Vice President – Malaysia Expatriate Services Centre (MYXpats) operations)
Don’t miss out on this informative and engaging briefing!
Date: Tuesday, 22 March 2022
Time: 15:00 – 17:00 hrs
15:00 – 15:05 hrs: Welcome Address by Deda Ridzwani (Senior Advocacy Manager, EuroCham Malaysia)
15:05 – 15:10 hrs: Welcome by EuroCham Malaysia Chairman / Deputy Chairman
15:10 – 15:15 hrs: Welcome address by Sven Schneider (Chief Executive Officer, EuroCham Malaysia)
15:15 – 15:20 hrs: TalentCorp Overview
15:20 – 15:30 hrs: TalentCorp Initiatives
15:30 – 15:40 hrs: MYXpats and Residence Pass Talent (RP – T)
15:30 – 16: 55 hrs: Q&A Session
16:55 – 17:00 hrs: Closing Remarks
- Thomas Mathew (Group Chief Executive Officer, TalentCorp Group): Thomas Mathew brings more than 30 years of experience in corporate management, business strategy, and risk management. He began his career as a banker, holding management positions in the corporate and commercial banking divisions of several local commercial banks. He then joined Pengurusan Danaharta Nasional Berhad Danaharta Malaysia’s asset management company, initially in loan restructuring and after in risk management. From there, he moved to the MBf Holdings group of companies, initiatially as its Chief Operating Officer and thereafter as its President. Thomas Mathew then assumed the role of Group Finance Director at Ben Holdings Group in Sri Lanka, overseeing all aspects of Finance, Treasury, Legal, Human Resources, Risk Management, Audit, and IT. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness from Universiti Putra Malaysia.
- Nazrul Aziz (Vice President – Graduate, Diaspora, and Industry Partnership, TalentCorp Group): Nazrul Aziz heads the department where he works collaboratively with key stakeholders across industry and academia to develop and execute demand driven talent solutions to meet the current and future needs of the country. Prior to TalentCorp, he had 17 years of experience in the Malaysian Civil Service in various capacities at the state and federal levels. He holds a Masters in Business Administration (Sustainable Development) from Universiti Sains Malaysia, and a Bachelor in Science (Business Computing) from University Teknologi MARA).
- Sabihah Ahamad (Vice President – Malaysia Expatriate Services Centre (MYXpats), TalentCorp Group): Sabihah Ahamad heads the MYXpats Centre’s operations where she focuses on achieving operational service excellence to deliver quality expatriate services to all stakeholders. Her 20 years of experience includes interfacing with Government agencies and industries for the facilitation of Employment Passes and its related passes through the Expatriate Services Division and the Resident Pass Talent initiative, both in collaboration with the Immigration Department of Malaysia and overseen by the Ministry of Home Affairs. Prior to joining TalentCorp, she has the Head of Client Management appraisals in the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (for over 15 years). Sabihah Ahamad holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Universiti Technology MARA. She is a certified Motorola Six Sigma Green Belt and a certified Career Coach.