Seminar: Violation of due process in arbitration and Key issues in cryptocurrency-related arbitrations
vrijdag 30 september 2022Sofitel Saigon Plaza Đường Lê Duẩn 17
OrganisatorDutch Business Association In Vietnam (DBAV)
Evenement dataVan 30 september 2022 08:00 Tot 30 september 2022 10:00
Cryptocurrencies provide unique opportunities as well as great challenges. Following on from the phenomenal growth in the use of cryptocurrencies worldwide, there is an increasing number of cryptocurrency disputes across the globe. However, the nature of internationality and complexity of these disputes require us to take diverse new issues into consideration.
Topics of this event: the violation of due process in arbitration from a Vietnamese, Singaporean, and American legal perspective and the key issues in cryptocurrency-related arbitrations, including typical case studies from different jurisdictions.
- Time: From 1.00 to 3.00 p.m. on (Friday) 30 September 2022
- Venue: Emerald room, 3rd floor, Sofitel Saigon Plaza, 17 Le Duan, District 1, HCMC, Vietnam
- Organisers: Dutch Business Association Vietnam (DBAV), ACSV Legal, and Dan Tan Law Firm
- Fee: Free for members of the DBAV and VND 300.000 for non-members
- Registration link: https://bit.ly/arbitrations_seminar_Sep30
Pacific International Arbitration Center and ACSV Legal
The topics will be presented by 3 knowledgeable speakers:
- Mr. Dan Tan is the principal of Dan Tan Law, a boutique law firm based in New York, San Francisco, and Singapore. Dan has over a decade of international arbitration and litigation experience. He also regularly sits as an arbitrator being the chair, sole, and party-appointed arbitrator in arbitrations administered by the SIAC, HKIAC, AAA, ICDR, and ICC. Dan is also a Lecturer on Law at Harvard Law, Stanford Law School, and Oxford University.
- Mr. Mark Beckett is an independent counsel of Dan Tan Law Firm. Mark’s practice focuses on international arbitration, the enforcement of arbitral awards and judgments, and other proceedings related to arbitration throughout the world. He was the global head of the arbitration practices at several well-known international law firms and a member of the ICC Court of International Arbitration. Mark is also a Lecturer on Law at Harvard Law School and the University of Miami School of Law.
- Mrs. Minh Nguyen is a special counsel and head of the dispute resolution practice at ACSV Legal. Minh has more than ten years of working experience at international law firms and corporations, including a Magic Circle firm. In addition to a strong corporate and compliance background, Minh also has an impressive track record in international arbitration and is a registered arbitrator at the Pacific International Arbitration Centre in Vietnam. Minh is also an adjunct lecturer in the Master of Civil Law Program, a joint program between the University of Economics and Law of Vietnam and the University of Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne.
Tentative agenda (approximate 2 hours)
Ga naar website Je verlaat deze website