UITGESTELD: Life Sciences & Health Visit and Holland Lounge | Colombia
maandag 25 mei 2020Colombia
OrganisatorTask Force Health Care
Evenement dataVan 25 mei 2020 09:00 Tot 29 mei 2020 18:30
Life Sciences & Health Visit and Holland Lounge | Colombia is uitgesteld tot nader bericht.
In verband met de ontwikkelingen rond het coronavirus is er besloten dit evenement uit te stellen. Dit besluit sluit aan bij de richtlijn om sociale contacten te beperken. Houd de website in de gaten voor de meest actuele informatie.
Task Force Health Care, together with RVO.nl, the Netherlands Embassy in Bogotá and Holland House Colombia will organize a healthcare visit to Bogotá and Cartagena from 25 to 29 May 2020.
Background Colombian healthcare sector
With a population of about 50 million people and an area of 1 109 500 km2 – Colombia is the 4th largest and Latin America’s fastest-growing and most stable economy. In the largest cities, one can receive a very high standard of healthcare. 23 out of 58 best hospitals in Latin America are located in Colombia, with a strong private sector that is willing to invest. Simultaneously, the government is investing millions of USD in the public sector with the aim of increasing overall access to quality care and stimulating healthcare providers to invest in innovative solutions.
The Dutch and Colombian have similar ‘Managed Competition’ health systems, and through four years (2015–2019) of intense bilateral high-level exchanges in healthcare, the Netherlands has been established as the number one reference country for many key stakeholders in Colombia. Both hospitals and health insurers are actively doing business with Dutch companies & organizations, either directly or through local representatives.
The OES International Forum in Cartagena is the main annual event during which key stakeholders from the Colombian healthcare sector come together to discuss quality and safety of care and to get to know international innovative products & solutions. The Netherlands is this year’s selected guest country. This creates an inviting landscape for interested Dutch healthcare companies and knowledge institutes.
Market Study Colombia
Would you like to know more about your opportunities in the Colombian healthcare market? Download the latest Colombia market study. This report was commissioned by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl) and was produced by the Task Force Health Care (TFHC) to identify opportunities for the Dutch Life Sciences & Health sector in Colombia. To this end, TFHC matched the Dutch supply of solutions for healthcare with current developments in Colombia’s health systems.
What can you expect?
The health mission will provide excellent opportunities to meet new relevant business contacts and to learn more about current developments in the Colombian healthcare sector. You can expect the following program components during the mission.
(Please note that below items may be subject to change)
- Workshop on current developments in the Colombian healthcare sector & market
- Showcasing your solution/knowledge on the Holland Lounge during the OES 28th International Forum in alliance with Fundación Santa Fe de Bogotá and 4th Latin American Regional Forum ISQua
- Collective visits to relevant LSH stakeholders in Bogotá; such as the Ministry of Health, local health authorities, hospitals, etc.
- Collective visits to relevant LSH stakeholders in Cartagena; such as local health authorities, hospitals, etc.
- Individual Matchmaking program (5-6 appointments per organization)
- Networking reception where you can meet and invite (new) local business contacts.
- Knowledge sharing and possible cooperation with participants within the Dutch LSH Delegation.
- Presence and support from the Netherlands Embassy in Bogotá, Holland House Colombia, and the Task Force Health Care.
After registration, you will receive more details concerning the mission and the preparations.
Is this visit relevant for you?
The health mission is relevant for Dutch companies and knowledge institutes active in the LSH sector who want to explore, enter or strengthen current activities in the Colombian health care sector. In particular for those in the following fields:
- Medical Devices and appliances: Products, devices, disposables and equipment within the healthcare sector.
- Health Development/Knowledge/Education: Knowledge, products, and services within the domains education, policy, financing, training, consultancy, and advisory services to set up, improve access to, and optimize the healthcare system.
- eHealth and Value-Based Healthcare: Products and services within the domains of information- & communication technologies that contribute to the safety, efficiency, effectiveness, and digitalization of the healthcare sector.
- Mobility & Vitality: Products and services in the field of prevention, rehabilitation, elderly care, and home care.
The Participation fee
The Participation fee is € 1.400,- (excl. VAT) per person, per organization (excl. travel & stay). You will receive a suggested plan for travel and stay after registration.
How to join?
If you want to be a part of the delegation please register before 27 March, 2020.