Learn how Invest International can help grow your business in East Africa
dinsdag 29 november 2022Nairobi
OrganisatorNLinBusiness NABC Netherlands Business Hub Kenya (NLBH Kenya) Invest International
Evenement dataVan 29 november 2022 15:00 Tot 29 november 2022 17:00
Invest International offers an export finance loan (EFL) to local clients of Dutch exporters active in East Africa and Southern, in Kenya in particular. In cooperation with the Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank (TDB) and Atradius Dutch State Business (ADSB). Benefitting both Dutch exporters and African importers.
Invest International helps Dutch businesses, governments and investors finance and develop impact oriented projects that contribute to the earning capacity of the Dutch economy and achieving the SDGs. In that light, Invest International and TDB signed a 12-year export finance loan program destined for financing the acquisition of Dutch sourced capital goods. The aim of this program is to enable African enterprises to procure Dutch goods and services at attractive funding conditions and loan tenors. The individual loans under the program can serve transactions starting from EUR 3 million.
The earning capacity of Dutch businesses will benefit from more companies exporting, and especially from focusing on exporting high-quality, knowledge-intensive and sustainable products. Growth should mainly come from SMEs.
The program will be used to facilitate commercial activities between Dutch exporters and local importing enterprises active in the region TDB serves. The program aims to support the economic and social development of the region, especially in sectors focusing on medium-sized growth companies.
What are the benefits of the EFL?
Benefits for Dutch exporters:
- Dutch exporters can win new contracts, as buyer will benefit from attractive financing terms.
- Offering financing to local buyers provides payment security for the exporter.
- Direct disbursement of financing to the exporter.
- No repayment risks.
Benefits for East African importers:
- Support from TDB's professional export finance team in Nairobi.
- Longer maturities possible.
- Competitive terms and conditions.
Which countries are included?
The countries served by TDB include:
Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Eswatini, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Burundi, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Seychelles, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Sudan, and South Sudan.
To be able to qualify for the EFL, in general, the following conditions apply:
- There is a well-developed business plan; testable and detailed, including a clear funding model.
- Positive impact on the SDGs is required; SDGs 8 and 13 are Invest Internationals primary focus.
- Contribution to the Dutch economy; business activities must have a sufficiently strong Dutch content, eligible under the ADSB criteria.
- Involvement of other investors; at least one other investor must participate.
- Compliance with IFC Performance Standards (ESG principles); it must be clear how, as a company, you avoid, minimize or mitigate ESG risks.
Workshop on EFL & Invest International
To discuss the finance solutions offered by Invest International and in particular explain more about the Export Finance Loan, as Invest International we organize two Workshop meetings. Aimed at Dutch exporters and importers active in East Africa and Southern and Kenya in particular.
- The first workshop will be held in The Hague, The Netherlands on 10th November 2022
- The second workshop will be held in Nairobi, Kenya on 29th November 2022.
Are you interested in attending one of these workshops? Then, please sign up via the link above and you will receive more information.